Jason is a partner in Herring & Panzer, L.L.P. Jason’s practice focuses on professional malpractice, legal malpractice, lawyer disqualification, commercial litigation, conflicts of interest, and legal ethics. Jason has experience representing and advising clients on legal ethics related matters in court and arbitration settings.
- Bachelor of Philosophy, cum laude, Miami University (1993).
- J.D. with Honors, University of Texas School of Law (1996).
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers
- Coauthor with Charles Herring, Jr. Texas Malpractice & Lawyer Discipline (American Lawyer Media Properties, L.L.C., rev. eds. 2016-2022).
- Coauthor with Charles Herring, Jr., Texas Guide to Lawyer Disqualification (Horizon Legal 2016).
- Coauthor with Leah Turner, Ethics Update, Advanced Personal Injury Law Seminar, State Bar of Texas, July 2018.
- Coauthor with Charles Herring, Jr., Ethics in Negotiation, Advanced Trial Strategies, State Bar of Texas, February, 2016.
- “Recent Changes to the Advertising and Solicitation Rules: The Highlights” The Car Crash Seminar, UT Law CLE (8/22)
- “Ethical Considerations in Drafting Documents” 14th John Huffaker Agricultural Law Webcast, State Bar of Texas (5/21)
- Panelist, “An Ethics Discussion: Sharing the Attorney-Client Privilege – Too Much of a Good Thing,” ABA Business Law Section Annual Meeting (9/18)
- “Ethics Update,” Advanced Personal Injury Law Seminar, State Bar of Texas (7/18 and 8/18).
- “Representing Clients in Front of State Agencies,” Austin Bar Association, Civil Litigation Section (3/18).
- “Ethics Traps for the Family Law Lawyer,” Austin Bar Association, Family Law Section (3/18).
- “Ethics in Negotiation,” Advanced Personal Injury Law Seminar, State Bar of Texas (7/16).
- “Ethics and Electronic Social Media: What Judges Need to Know,” National Council of Juvenile & Family Court Judge’s 79th Annual Conference (7/16).
- “Ethics in Negotiation,” Advanced Trial Strategies Course, State Bar of Texas (2/16).
- “Ethics & Malpractice Traps,” Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law Symposium (1/16).
- “Recent Developments in Conflicts of Interest and Disqualification of Counsel,” Austin Bar Holiday Association Ethics CLE (12/15).
- “Ethics and Electronic Social Media: What Judges Need to Know,” National Council of Juvenile & Family Court Judges Annual Conference (7/15).
Awards and Recognitions:
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star in the area of Professional Liability Plaintiff (2010) by Thomson Reuters